Intimate Bush Camp & Luxury Lodge
A perfect balance between adventure and luxury, the Khwai-Kalahari Journey is the ideal way to experience the enormous diversity of Botswana.
Travel from the lush Khwai River, teeming with wildlife, through a wonderful scenic helicopter flight over the Okavango Delta towards the starkly beautiful, semi-desert Kalahari, home to the ancient Bushmen.
Khwai Camp Experience the African Bush Like the Explorers of Bygone Days
The focus of this mobile safaris is blending into the environment with the camp geared towards an eco-friendly use of the natural environment. Wildlife sightings are excellent with the wildlife being more comfortable around the smaller scale of a mobile tented camp.
The intimate bush camp allows you to immerse yourself in the African bush, uninterrupted by the distractions of the modern world.
"The landscapes, wildlife, sounds are all magical and so well orchestrated by the team and the attention you have to welcome your guests."
Paradise in the Middle of the Kalahari
"The Lodge at Feline Fields is quite simply the perfect retreat. In the heart of Botswana, we fell absolutely in love with the beautiful lodge, fantastic facilities and incredibly warm team."
"Superb amenities and glorious service. The lodge is the best gateway to the Okawango and the Kalahari. Our cottage proved that luxury can be non-intrusive and blend into African splendor."
The Lodge An Oasis in the Kalahari
The Lodge is set on the edge of a wooded island in the Kalahari savannah. The lodge is a celebration of the serenity, space, and light which flows throughout this vast area.
Inspired by the simplicity of the landscape in which it rests, The Lodge is an inviting oasis where indulgently comfortable interiors integrate seamlessly with the raw African beauty outside.
Day 1: Arrive Khwai
- Arrive in Maun and transfer to Khwai, viewing game on the way.
- Arrive at Khwai in time for high tea.
- Settle in to your comfortable tent.
- Enjoy your first night game drive, returning in time for dinner.
Day 2-3: Game Drives
- After an early breakfast, head out for a morning game drive.
- Return to camp for a freshly prepared brunch.
- After a bush high tea, head out again for the evening game drive.
- Relax around the campfire with an aperitif and share the day’s experiences.
- End the day with a wholesome bush dinner.
Day 4: Khwai to The Lodge
- Depart Khwai in the morning, transferring by private helicopter to The Lodge.
Day 4-6: Pampering at The Lodge
Spend the next three nights at The Lodge, experiencing any of the activities on offer.
- The flat landscape, dotted by a few undulating dunes, is perfect for hours of horse riding.
- Experience a new way to admire nature, riding through the bush on sand bikes.
- Work out in the open bush gymnasium, accompanied by the sounds of African birdsong.
- Enjoy a game of tennis, surrounded by nature on our clay tennis court.
- Refresh yourself in a 25 m lap pool that plunges right into the Kalahari.
- Relax and unwind with a massage in the privacy of your suite.
- Witness the famous Bushmen Trance Dance followed by a morning bush walk, learning about natural foods, medicines and their ancient culture and folklore.
- Explore the desert with an experienced guide searching for the Kalahari wildlife and visiting the hyena dens.
- 3 nights mobile luxury camp, Khwai
- 3 nights at The Lodge, Kalahari
- US$7,800 pp
- US$9,750 pp (High season)
- US$3,900 pp (Children)
- Maun - Khwai: 4x4 vehicle
- Khwai Airstrip - The Lodge: Private helicopter
- The Lodge - Maun: Airconditioned 4x4 vehicle