Intimate Bush Camp & Luxury Lodge
A perfect balance between adventure and luxury, the Khwai-Kalahari itinerary is the ideal way to experience the enormous diversity of Botswana.
Travel from the lush Khwai River, teeming with wildlife, through a wonderful scenic helicopter flight over the Okavango Delta towards the starkly beautiful, semi-desert Kalahari, home to the ancient Bushmen.
Experience the African Bush Like the Explorers of Yester-Year
A luxury tented mobile safari in Khwai gives you the experience of the African bush like the explorers of yester-year.
The focus is blending into the environment with the camp geared towards an eco-friendly use of the natural environment. Wildlife sightings are excellent with the wildlife being more comfortable around the smaller scale of a mobile tented camp.
The intimate bush camp allows you to immerse yourself in the African bush, uninterrupted by the distractions of the modern world.
Khwai - Kalahari Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Khwai
- Arrive in Maun and transfer to Khwai, viewing game on the way.
- Arrive at Khwai in time for high tea. Settle in to your comfortable tent.
- Enjoy your first night game drive, returning for dinner.
Day 2-3: Game Drives
- After an early breakfast head out for a morning game drive.
- Return to camp for a freshly prepared brunch.
- After a bush high tea head out again for the evening game drive.
- Relax around the camp fire with an aperitif and share the day’s experiences.
- End the day with wholesome bush dinner.
Day 4: Khwai to The Lodge
- Depart Khwai in the morning by private helicopter transfer to The Lodge.
Day 4-6: Pampering at The Lodge
Spend the next three nights at The Lodge experiencing any of the activities on offer:
- The flat landscape dotted by few undulating sand dunes are perfect for hours of horse riding.
- Experience a new way to admire nature, riding through the bush on sand bikes.
- Work out in the open bush gymnasium accompanied by the sounds of African birdsong.
- Enjoy a game of tennis surrounded by nature on our clay tennis court.
- Refresh yourself in our 25m lap pool that plunges right into the Kalahari.
- Relax and unwind with a massage in the privacy of your suite.
- Witness the famous Bushmen Trance Dance followed by a morning bush walk learning about natural foods, medicines, and their ancient culture and folklore.
- 3 nights luxurious fly-camping at Khwai
- 3 nights at The Lodge
- Maun - Khwai: Game drive vehicle
- Khwai Airstrip - The Lodge: Private Helicopter.
- The Lodge - Maun: Airconditioned 4x4 vehicle