Johannesburg & Botswana
Boutique Hotel & Luxury Lodge
Start your safari in style in Johannesburg's AtholPlace Hotel, where contemporary-classic glamout and understated elegance meet.
In Botswana, travel from the lush Khwai Rover, teeming with wildlife, through a wonderful scenic helicopter flight over the Okavango Delta towards the starkly beautiful, semi-desert Kalahari, home to the ancient Bushmen.
Situated in Atholl, one of the most beautiful parts of Johannesburg and only a short distance from the commercial centre of Sandton, AtholPlace Hotel is the best spot to be.
Guests are invited to enjoy everything on offer, from the nine stylish and spacious suites, to the comfortably furnished library with romantic fireplace and the temperature regulated swimming pool surrounded by a large wooden deck.
The gardens surrounding AtholPlace Hotel are a perfect place to relax and unwind.
A luxury tented mobile safari in Khwai gives you the experience of the African bush like the explorers of yester-year.
The focus is blending into the environment with the camp geared towards an eco-friendly use of the natural environment. Wildlife sightings are excellent with the wildlife being more comfortable around the smaller scale of a mobile tented camp.
The intimate bush camp allows you to immerse yourself in the African bush, uninterrupted by the distractions of the modern world.
Day 1-2: AtholPlace Hotel
- Two nights in a comfortable Deluxe Suite.
- Daily breakfast.
- One 3 course fine dining dinner for two at AtholPlace Restaurant.
- Guided walking tour to discover some of Johannesburg’s hippest new neighbourhoods with lots of street-art.
Day 3: Arrive Khwai
- Arrive in Maun and transfer to Khwai, viewing game on the way.
- Arrive at Khwai in time for high tea. Settle in to your comfortable tent.
- Enjoy your first night game drive, returning for dinner.
Day 4: Game Drives
- After an early breakfast head out for a morning game drive.
- Return to camp for a freshly prepared brunch.
- After a bush high tea head out again for the evening game drive.
- Relax around the camp fire with an aperitif and share the day’s experiences.
- End the day with wholesome bush dinner.
Day 5: Khwai to The Lodge
- Depart Khwai in the morning and travel to Maun.
- Private helicopter transfer from Maun to The Lodge.
Day 6-8: Pampering at The Lodge
Spend the next four nights at The Lodge experiencing any of the activities on offer:
- The flat landscape dotted by few undulating sand dunes are perfect for hours of horse riding.
- Experience a new way to admire nature, riding through the bush on sand bikes.
- Work out in the open bush gymnasium accompanied by the sounds of African birdsong.
- Enjoy a game of tennis surrounded by nature on our clay tennis court.
- Refresh yourself in our 25m lap pool that plunges right into the Kalahari.
- Relax and unwind with a massage in the privacy of your suite.
- Witness the famous Bushmen Trance Dance followed by a morning bush walk learning about natural foods, medicines, and their ancient culture and folklore.
- 2 nights at AtholPlace Hotel & Villa, Sandton
- 2 nights luxurious fly-camping at Khwai
- 4 nights at The Lodge
ZAR 7,750 pp
- To/from OR Tambo International Airport
- Maun - Khwai: Game drive vehicle
- Khwai - Maun: Game drive vehicle
- Maun - The Lodge: Private Helicopter
- The Lodge - Maun: Airconditioned 4x4 vehicle